Thursday 17 September 2015

Restricted Administrator Access via GPO by using Restricted Group

The below LAB would guide you how to restrict Administrator access your client computers.


I have Client Computer (Client01) and it is in TestOU.




I have restriceted the client computer for  Administrative access for few users by using Restricted GPO, the name of the GPO called LocalAdmin.


Assume; if we have more than 1000 computers and computer accounts are sets in various OU, if you wants to provide your helpdesk admin group to enable local administrators for all servers and computers without disturbing existing policy , the below option would help us to accomplish the task.

I have created Central Admin GPO on top of root OU, and then I added my NETAdmin group to local administrators.



Now, the Helpdesk team enabled for Administrators access for all computer accounts.



GPO Result





No comments:

Post a Comment